Wednesday, April 17, 2019

From The Man's Guide to Woman: Even Einstein didn't get Women

  "Albert Einstein is perhaps the greatest mind the world has ever known. His name is forever associated with genius, and upon his death his brain was removed and preserved so that some day neuroscience might be able to figure out why he was so smart. Yes, he developed the theory of relativity, but when it came to figuring out how to keep a woman for a lifetime, Einstein was just clueless as most men. .... In 1914, with his marriage falling apart, Einstein gave his wife, Mileva, a list of conditions she needed to follow if she wanted to stay him.

A. You will make sure:
 1. that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
 2. that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
 3. that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.

B. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, you will forego:
 1. my sitting at home with you.
 2. my going out or travelling with you.

C. You will obey the following points in your relations with me:
 1. you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;
 2. you will stop talking to me if I request it;
 3. you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.

D. You will undertake not to belittle me in front of our children, either through words or behavior.

Needless to say, a few months after being presented with this list, Mileva took their two children, left Einstein, and filed for divorce. she also, incidentally received every last cent of his Nobel Prize money."

...

So whose brain should we really preserve? Albert's or Mileva's?s

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the objects if this blog is to elevate civil discourse. Please do your part by presenting arguments rather than attacks or unfounded accusations.

Cats with jobs

  pic.twitter.com/tZ2t2cTr8d — cats with jobs 🛠 (@CatWorkers) April 18, 2024