Monday, March 30, 2020

The coronavirus anthology

Here are some of the coronavirus hits for handy reference:

Medical Advice

Korean Doctor describes how Korea did a better job:

New York Doctor's advice (reassuring)

David Ho, U.S. virus expert (says reinfection odds are low)

Dietary supplements


Yoga to stay healthy

Sivananda 90 minute routine:
This is one of the best, most empowering yoga routine I've ever done. I'll warn you that a few of the poses are very difficult ("the peacock"!). Unless you are exceptionally strong and flexible, don't bother to do those...or do part of them. I can't do all of these, but yoga isn't about outward appearance, it's about inward effort. Meanwhile try this once and see how you feel afterwards.

Sivananda 30 minute routine:
Sivananda shortened their long routine for the Kerala police.

More Indian Medicine:

Nasal rinse (Jala neti). 
This doesn't mention gently sucking the salt water from your nose to spit it out your mouth. This is very effective, and rinsing mucus membranes with salt water toughens them. You don't need to be sick to do this, nor do you need to limit the number of times you can do it daily.

Pranayama (breathing exercises that are also part of the Sivananda Yoga routine):

...and finally:

The Coronavirus Blues
(c) by Stan Fong

It’s shelter in place,
Can’t touch my face.
Tryin’ to stay occupied,
Realized my TV died.
I got the Corona virus blues.
Oh, I’ve got the Coronavirus blues
And if you tell me you’re feeling sick,
Social isolation is the trick.

I just ran out of toilet paper.
I went to the store by myself.
I looked for toilet paper just
To find an empty shelf.
I’ve got the Coronavirus Blues.
Oh I’ve the Coronavirus Blues.
And if your feeling ill,
Stay 6 ft. away if you will.

Still tryin’ to stay busy.
I’m thinking so hard I’m dizzy.
Cleaning the house like June Cleaver,
I still have a bad case of cabin fever.
I’ve got the Coronavirus Blues.
Oh I’ve got the Coronavirus Blues.
And if you’re gonna sneeze into the air,
Make sure far away enough so I don’t care.

Reading your Facebook postings
Getting through this time.
I’m hoping you and yours
Will all be fine.
I’ve got the Coronavirus Blues.
Oh, I’ve got the Coronavirus Blues.
And if you wanna get out for awhile
Better go take a walk with a smile.

Meanwhile, the "Bee Gees" do "Stayin' Inside"



...and best wishes to stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One of the objects if this blog is to elevate civil discourse. Please do your part by presenting arguments rather than attacks or unfounded accusations.

Cats with jobs

  pic.twitter.com/tZ2t2cTr8d — cats with jobs 🛠 (@CatWorkers) April 18, 2024